Thursday, December 2, 2010

Apocalypse

There is an image I want to use, one that inspired these lines, but I'm waiting for the photographer's permission to use it.


It looked like something out of the Bible,
the part where
God gets mad. The way the sky knotted

overhead, twisting and turning ((almost
like a noose???)).
The Wild, Wild West was about to get a

whole lot wilder. Lightning spit every
which way and
the wind raised its voice: I know right.

Where. You. Live. That's just great.
Not what I
wanted to hear. The Apocalypse was

fixin' to break and it was too. Damn.
LATE!!!! to seek
shelter: nowheretorun! Nowheretohide!!

All of the King's horses and all of the
King's men would
not be able to put me together again ----

that's if they even f o u n d me. The
storm came out,
all guns blazing ---- and that was when

I
woke
up. :/

(c) 2010, Karla Dorman (12/1)

No comments: