Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Delivered

... for years, thunder roared, imbuing
nights with terror, crocheting days into
knots of fear so tight I couldn't unravel
one from another. Black skies snarled
with paleness of cowardice does not a

pretty afghan make. The chains were
uneven, most showing the reverse of
Nature: the ugly, phobic side. Wasn't
until a camera, prayer and the hook of
poetry delivered the beauty in Storm,

allowing me to gain control of my life.
Look close for the purple threads of
lightning; feel the gentle cover of wind
against your body. Instead of dwindling
away, I now praise Him when it rains!

(c) 2008, Karla Dorman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karla what a cool site you have here. I wanted to leave a comment, and seen no comments. Wonder Why? I love your photos, and poetry. Very nice site. I have a site of my own too now. You can even leave comments without signing up to the service. Have a great week!