Sunday, September 13, 2009

Confronting the Beast Once and for All

Image of StormSpinner (c) 2009, Karen Vidra.

(And thank you, Aaron, for letting me
'borrow' your stormchase vehicle!!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Confronting the Beast Once and for All

i hate storms. when
they gather forces
overhead, with me as
their target, i panic and
turn a deeper shade
of chicken.

i love storms. when
they dazzle my eyes
with their power, i am
humbled by greatness.
and look - God autographed
one just for me!

i hate storms. when
i hear of their destructive
side and see the pain in
a survivor's eyes, i know:
been there. i relive mine
all over again.

i love storms. when
one allows me to take its
picture, i am thrilled.
couldn't have done this
six years ago. the fear
was bigger than me.

going on my first "real"
stormchase next spring.
scared? yes. excited?
you bet. if you can't
change the weather, look
at it through new eyes. =]

(c) 2009, Karla Dorman (9/13)

2 comments:

Glenn Carter said...

"A deeper shade of chicken"

That is a classic. I don't know if you coined that phrase or recycled it, but it is one I will remember.

StormSpinner said...

Thanks, Wes. That's one I came up with myself. =]