Monday, April 14, 2008

One Track Mind

After weather, what is there
to talk about? Could discuss
aches and pains, but think I should
leave them where they are, hidden
under a thin veneer of

Tylenol, why bring them up?
Could talk politics - no, best
not - want to remain friends. Hmm.
What else, besides the weather??
Should have seen it: the pouring

rain, the lightning, heard the roll
of thunder - glad it wasn't the roar
of a tornado. Could have
been, if conditions had come
together. And that rainbow!

The largest and brightest I
had ever seen, hung against
the dark of storms, passed. It was
lovely - just glad it didn't
get as bad as they said it

was going to. Mean, we were
under a moderate risk
of severe (which means we would
probably get it). Wait. We
were not going to talk - did

you see that TV program?
No - all I saw was the news.
All bad. Never mind. What books
have you read, lately? Jodi
Picoult's "The Tenth Circle" is

what I'm reading; before that,
"Big Weather" by Mark Svenvold.
There I go again - can't
help myself. After weather,
what IS there to talk about??

(c) 2008, Karla Dorman.

No comments: