Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Liquid Sunshine

It's raining little girls.
They laugh their way down from the clouds,
losing their footing on my face
because of tears, already there -

they titter their way past my cheeks,
giggling their way down my nose,
tickling their way to my ears,
enticing a smile from my lips -

they whisper memories I had,
memories I had forgotten
until this one moment in time.
They want me to jump in puddles?!??

I'm not as young as I once was!
And won't I look ridiculous?
I am supposed to act my age!
They will say I have lost my mind -

But who cares. Get out of the way!
It's about time I have some fun.
And so, I take a running leap
and splash into the biggest one -

the wettest, the soggiest one!
I am sure that I look a sight!
I can't recall why I was sad.
Thank God for little girls.

(c) 2005, Revised, 2008, Karla Dorman

No comments: